8.08.2010

So long P90X

Well, I'm calling it a day (or 72 days) with P90x. Yes, I know it's a 90 day program and I have completed 3/4 of the program, but I am "over" it for many reasons.


1) I am SICK of that idiot Tony Horton's nonsense blabber (as mentioned in a previous post). I knew it had gotten out of control when I started hearing him in my head throughout the day. You know, like when you get a song stuck in your head, but it would him and therefore an instant headache.

Can you see why??

Ab Ripper X from Gonzague Philippe on Vimeo.


2) I missed running. It's a little shocking to hear myself declare that considering my ongoing battle with long distance running (thank you torn meniscus) but some days you just wanna ruuuuun! I felt like a caged up sweat machine during these cardio workouts because how much cardio are you really doing in front of a TV inside a little room?

3) Matt has turned my "workout room" into his office. I couldn't tell you that weeks ago as he was still preparing to announce his decision and all, but it's hard to do Plyometrics and Kenpo X when I keep bumping into his office chair. See where my treadmill once stood:

In some aspects, I feel like a failure. I only had 18 more days to go to be a P90X "graduate". On the other hand, I am beyond excited to join a gym again, particularly the friggin palace of gyms that is Lifetime Fitness in Cary. They have everything you could possibly want in a gym...group classes, personal training, full court gyms, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a full cafe, a hair salon (WTF?), unbelievable locker rooms, multiple tv lounges, over 100 treadmills...it's truly outta control. I went to my first group class there today: Cardio Kickboxing. I can honestly say I've never sweated so much at one time at my life. In other words- it was AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment