8.25.2010

Five Below

Meet the newest chain to hit the Raleigh area:Five Below. At first I thought it was a snowboard store (which I thought to be odd for our area) or maybe an icecream shoppe. After doing some research however, I was stoked to discover that it's a bargain store! It's kind of like the Dollar Store, if the Dollar Store was infused with pop culture and Old Navy. If you know me well, you know that even $5 is no bargain for me on many things so I wouldn't really call a lot of items a "steal". I kept unloading my shopping cart throughout the trip because my "treasure box" prizes and trivia games were adding up to big bucks quickly. By the time I hit the register, I spent $20 and bought multiple things I absolutely didn't need, just wanted. My 2 favorite buys are the magnets below ($3 each) and it was hard not to buy many more 30 Rock and SNL sayings for our fridge.

This certainly would have been one of my top stores if I were in high school or still living the dorm life. However, the only really good items I found were school or collector-related, so don't go there thinking you can stock up on house supplies. I know I'll be back however to see what new items the season brings in, and definitely for some Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers.






I give Five Below a: B+

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what that new store in Beaver Creek was going to be... Thanks for checking it out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was kind of surprised when I went in the one at Crossroads....was wondering what kind of store it was too! I managed to walk out empty handed, but I am sure my kiddos would have LOVED to have been hanging out with me there instead of school! Now to avoid taking them there....hmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete