8.13.2010

Come on in!

Welcome to Mrs. V's classroom!
In honor of Babbling Abby's Teacher Week, come take a tour of the place I spend entirely too much time, effort and money. I wasn't going to upload a bajillion photos on here because to be honest Blogger, you are a pain in the ass when it comes to photos. So, my good friend Picasa and I made a couple collages to give you a glimpse of my day to day life.

Since I teach year round, my room doesn't look museum-esqe like the many teachers heading back for workdays this week. These were taken 5 weeks in at the end of a long school day where students fully utilized (and didn't necessarily put back) the resources in our room.
(From top left): 1)Front of the room view 2)sink and track out cart/multiplication cheat sheet 3)student desk groups 4)supplies/centers/research area 5) reading resources and kidney table used for small groups 5) TV/calendar/vocab/job chart 6)Inside of our classroom door with ky math words and Standards Based Grading guide 7)Group supply basket for each table

You can make the photos bigger by clicking on them (I literally discovered that today, duh). I hope you enjoyed the tour. Thanks for stopping by:)

5 comments:

  1. Hey! You need to try Windows Live Writer. I started using it because Heidi posted something about it. Blogger is awful to deal with pictures and with Windows Live Writer you can copy and paste like in Word. It is SOO easy to use. Check it out! Love you and love the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! How do you like teaching year round???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sa, I'm definitely going to try that!

    Abby, thanks and honestly it took some adjustment but I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many breaks do you get with year round teaching? I am always so curious

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 3 weeks breaks a year. There are 4 different tracks or schedules that you could potentially have. I am Track 2 so I start the year in July, and get my breaks in late Aug/early Sept, late Nov (and again 3 weeks later for Xmas), late Feb/early March, and late May/early June, ending the year at the end of June.

    I love it because the longest stretch I ever have is 9 weeks!

    ReplyDelete