8.10.2010

Teaching Must Haves

For my non-teacher readers, pardon my post but it is my passion and all so I've gotta get my educator-kicks every now and then...

Through one of the other blogs I read Ginger Snaps, I came across Babbling Abby's Teacher must-haves. Like any craft, you perfect it over time and discover all the things you couldn't work without. Well Abby, here's my list:

1) Diet Mountain Dew: I'm not a big coffee drinker, especially in the summer. The last thing I want on a code orange heat-index day is hot liquid to warm me up even more. I have gotten into the unfortunate habit of having a soda each morning to provide me my morning boost. I know it's bad for my teeth, may give me cancer, etc but if it makes me nicer to my students I think it's worth it.

2) Wite-out Pens: Gone are the days of messy liquid white out that spills, stains and takes too long to dry. This easy to use pens go right on top of your error and don't need any drying time. I use them every single day and will never go back to the old crap.


3) Sticky or"stikki"Clips: Considering we only have one wall which can be stapled into, these clips are a must. I use them for posters, student work, pocket cards, hall passes; pretty much anything I don't want on the ground. The only bad thing is that they leave some serious gummy residue, but hey- I'm not worried about the resale value of this place so let's stick some shit!

4) Sheet protectors: I heart them so much! I put almost anything the kids are going to touch in these because otherwise snack, snot, and other gross things end up on the pages. It's also great for putting a unit of activities together without them being loose or falling out of the paperclips. In my perfect world, everything would be bindered and in page protectors.
These are my major classroom must-haves. Do you share any of these needs or am I as big a freak as I sometimes feel? :)



3 comments:

  1. I use a ton of sheet protectors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I forget sticky clips! I have a stash that I just cannot share for fear that I'll never get them back. And, darnit, they are pricy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 'must haves' are various colored pens; a must have in pink, blue, purple, orange...can never have too many! and Sam's carbonated water in Raspberry and White Grape :)

    ReplyDelete