7.02.2010

Baby books are not rated PG

Thursday, July 1st, 2010

Last night I was killing time in Target, waiting for Matt to meet me for a celebratory dinner (yay, another year of teaching under my belt). I had a few gift cards and was perusing the books section when I decided to pick this up. NOT because we are expecting, but because I have always been intrigues by how people choose names and where those names come from. Naturally I looked for the selected names of the future Vaughan offspring; and was immediately upset that I had...
The name we have slated for a potential girl (and no I'm not telling you what it is in case you try to pull a "Laney" and steal my baby name Sex and the City episode 110) was listed as Irish for a "big breasted woman". What!? How is there a name for that, and what kind of someday parent am I if I name my child after boobs? Would she automatically be a skank? Guess we may have to reconsider...

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Carrie! That is hilarious. I can't remember one of the names we were considering, but I do remember it meant something naughty! I started reading your blog last week and love it! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete