7.25.2010

Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Friday, July 23rd, 2010
So, I realize it has been almost a week since I posted and I feel I owe you a reason, an apology, or something of that sort. And by you, I am referring to the possibly 12 people who read this regularly;) Ummmm...it's HOT, like incredibly hot. When I finally get to relax at home, the least desirable thing has been the thought of a warm machine running under my fingers as I search my brain for creative interpretations of life's events.

How hot has it been? I'm glad you asked...
  • Green grass is a thing of the past. My neighborhood has been donning a new beige color.
  • The paint of the trunk of my car started peeling in June and the hotter it gets, the quicker it sheds it's skin. I can almost hear the parents saying "wow, they really don't pay teachers enough" when they see me get in and out of this quirk-filled 10 year old necessity.
  • My daily dedication to P90x is more like 4-6 days per week. I mean, I sweat on the way to work, at recess, on the way home from work, and anytime I go to the car, so that's burning calories, right??
  • My husband told me at dinner this week that I smelled like "recess". Considering he hasn't had a recess since the 5th grade, I'm pretty sure that wasn't a compliment and he was recalling his fellow preteens starting puberty, yet not yet applying deodorant.
I love the summer, and am an outdoors girl through and through. However, College Gameday Saturday, jeans and a sweater, and a pumpkin flavored beer sounds glorious...

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, girl! Hope it cools off for you soon! Can't say I really miss the heat, but just wait until winter...

    ReplyDelete