7.14.2010

Reason #492 I love my parents...

Thursday, July 15th, 2010 (Happy birthday Uncle Davey)

My parents (well grandparents, but they raised me since I was 2 and yada yada yada), anyways- my parents sent me a gift package and card for my birthday today. I feel like the card alone expresses the amount of tact they have decided to use at their seasoned age.
Gotta love them. If you know me and especially if you have ever had the entertaining privilege of meeting the people who raised me, you understand this is normal. Hell, when I've raised 4 children and worked for over 50 years, I'll take "inappropriate" to a whole new level!

And my gift? A glorious triple set of People magazine puzzlers!
As I mentioned before, I am no scholarly reader. I have a short attention span and like to check things off my to-do list so novels don't really jive with all that. Crossword puzzles are my vice. I could do them for hours and a get a high off how "smart" I seem when doing them.

Am I wasting brain cells on useless pop culture knowledge? Yes, I certainly am
Will I suffer dementia or early Alzheimer’s? No, I certainly will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment