7.10.2010

Surprisingly positive experiences

Friday, July 9th, 2010

First of all, happy 76th birthday to my Poppop!
Secondly, happy 5th 1st day of school to me! Any teacher you talk to doesn't sleep well the day before a new batch of darlings walk through the door. Personally, I am anxious, nervous and excited due to the uncertainty and unknown of what the next 12 months will be (yes, 12 rather than 9 due to year round).



I am happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised today though! I was only semi-successful with the whole "no smiling for 2 weeks" thing, and made sure to pour on the sarcasm to weed out any weaklings who can't handle it:) I will smile soon, once the whip cracking has taken it's toll and they can actually walk in a quiet straight line. It's funny to me that I have earned the reputation as a "strict" teacher when I see myself as ridiculously non professional and mostly a kid myself. Hey, whatever works...


Thursday, July 8th, 2010

So, I'm not a fan of the dentist chair but because I get free cleanings I am subjected to hearing terrible and expensive news bi-yearly. Our last dentist SUCKED. Didn't explain financial obligations, did filling for both Matt and I incorrectly, and in was rather unfriendly in general. After Matt's recent dental crisis, we began seeing a new dentist and LOVE her.


My first appointment at Renee Wall, DDS went perfectly. They are friendly, helpful, and honest. Also, I know it doesn't mean much, but the office itself is designed like TJMaxx Home Goods rolled through there! They were even nice enough to transport my husband to and from his crown appointment last week since I had to work and they advise against driving on Valium. Need a dentist or thinking of switching? I give Dr Wall and her crew an A+

No comments:

Post a Comment