9.25.2010

Waiting for Superman

To say I am excited for "Waiting for Superman" is a gross understatement. Teaching is my life. Sure, I love football, booze, my friends and family, and a good bargain, but teaching is what I was born to do. Unfortunately my passion has been in trouble for some time and the new documentary that opened in NY and LA this week brings those issues to the forefront.

If you are a teacher, you MUST see this. Find that you are not alone and that others share your struggles and frustrations. See that most kids despite the pressures you place on yourself see only the compassion and drive that encouraged you to become a teacher in the first place.

If you are NOT a teacher, then you may be unfamilar with the crisis our American public schools are facing. I totally understand. But one day it WILL matter to you. When your own children are directly impacted by the success or failure of their schools you will care, and hopefully you will do something.

I'll let the trailer speak for itself now...

3 comments:

  1. I watched the Oprah show that was based on this documentary and it looked really good. I think our public school system is majorly flawed and I'm honestly in shock at how we allow it to continue...sometimes though I feel it the unions who are afraid of change and seriously hurt the system from getting better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The unions may be doing some harm, but I still wish NC had one. The amount of extracurricular meetings and stuff we have to do is pretty mindblowing, and if we had a union at least I would be compensated...

    ReplyDelete