6.26.2010

A positive Domino effect

Friday, June 25th, 2010

I went at least 4 years without touching a slice of Dominoes pizza, and probably 8 since I had last paid for one. It was crappily crafted and overpriced. It was even sub-par for 2 am feasts after bar-hopping in college- and that is truly saying something.

But then Dominoes changed, well everything. The pizza had better crust, sauce, and ingredients. The new ad campaign focused on acknowledging that their pizza sucked and how they made it better. My favorite improvement came through their online ordering process, including virtual COUPONS!

What's that you say, I don't have a Dominoes coupon? No problem, you can search for one you like online and use it immediately. And yes, you are seeing the picture correctly, I can watch my pizza come together on my computer screen! I choose my size, my crust, my sauce Want half pepperoni and half mushroom? Extra cheese or light sauce? Don't need the pizzas until next week but want to go ahead and put in the order? All of this is possible without ever having to talked to the stoned high school kid taking orders over the phone! You can even see what time they put your friggin pizzas in the oven through the tracking system accessible through your email confirmation.

For someone who appreciates good and cheap pizza, and hates dealing with anything over the phone, this is a DREAM COME TRUE. Thank you Dominoes for recognizing that you used to sell crappy pizza and then allowing me to order this significantly better pizza without having to even talk to another human:) I give the new Dominoes an A-

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No high school students are hired at our stores... And the pizzas make 17 cents profit. Definitely not overpriced. But egad you like the new pizza. ;)

    ReplyDelete