6.21.2010

Get yourself directly to DirecTV

Monday, June 21st, 2010

I'm not a fan of people raising my bill without permission, especially when companies aren't giving me anything for bending me over.

Time Warner Cable has played this card for years. They raise our bill, we call and threaten to leave, they lower our bill and throw in free HBO for a year. WTF?

Well, parasitic relationship ended today as we will enjoy having DirecTV from here on out. Sure, there is a large satellite dish on my house, but at least it's on the very back corner of my backyard where only my pain in the ass neighbors will notice it. We have twice the HD channels, twice as much
room on the DVR, and my favorite part...we are paying HALF of what we were at TWC! Our $122 bill (which we negotiated down from the 140's, is now $49 a month! We even got a
promotional deal where a friend recommended us so we both got $10 a month of our
bill for 10 months! After that our bill will be $59 for internet, HD cable, DVR, movie channels, etc.
That's 60 bucks a month!

Yes, this picture is a little intense, but in a quick Google images search it got the message across.

I am in no way working for DirecTV, but I felt it
was my duty as a working class citizen to make you aware of this. Plus, I wouldn't mind you using me as a referral and only paying $39/mo :)

4 comments:

  1. UGH, I HATE Time Warner Cable...I should switch too...I want HBO so badly...but just for True Blood and East Bound and Down whenever that returns! Also, thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren- my coworker said she loses signal like 4 times a year...which, really happened occasionally with TWC anyways. So far, soooo good! Plus, you can always just watch your recorded shows when you use satellite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie- I love True Blood too, but we gave it up for a few months since that was the only thing we watched on HBO. I guess we'll just mow through the 3rd season when it comes to DVD and I'll have to avoid any updates on this season until then.

    ReplyDelete